- SFNHT Brochure Map
- NPS Interactive Map
- National Trail Office, Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Trail through Kansas – KSHS REPORT and Map -- courtesy of Steve Schmidt
- Digital Historic Maps
- Ft. Union Historic Structure Inventory Report Notes and scans courtesy of Steve Schmidt.
- Maps to Accompany Kenyon Riddle's book, Records and Maps of the Old Santa Fe Trail
- Special Note: “A Solution to Riddle’s Riddle?” by Steve Schmidt
- Maps for Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Santa Fe Trail Markers in Kansas --courtesy of Pat Traffas
This first map of the "Sibley Survey" (pictured below) was prepared by Joseph C. Brown in November 1825 after the Sibley Expedition arrived in Taos. Distances west of the 100th Meridian were estimated and were corrected on the return trip in 1826. Digital image from the Library of Congress courtesy of Steve Schmidt. Notes about the map courtesy of Jim Ryan.
The watercolor featuring this Santa Fe Trail map was created by Doug Holdred. It was 1 of 13 paintings he created in 1996 for a commemorative calendar honoring the 175th Anniversary of the Santa Fe Trail, and funded by the First National Bank of Trinidad, CO. The paintings were donated to the Santa Fe Trail Association.